PROGRAM LOCATIONS 2023 – 2024
Student & Family Manual
please download and read our Student & Family Manual at the following link if you decide to participate in any of our programs)
The CareerVisions Institute is the Afterschool Program Model of Community Change, Inc. It is designed to engage students in club activities based on their interests, while developing their critical thinking, research and executive function skills.
Each program has five features:
- Youth Lessons: program lessons are based on the unique needs, interests and concerns of participating students. Lessons are project-based, interest-based activities designed to develop students’ critical thinking, research, and executive function skills in the content area of a selected educational program (see below).
- Parent Workshops: parent workshops incorporate adult learning principles and are designed to equip parents with skills and knowledge to support their children’s educational journey, as well as their own continuing education. Our parent workshops place a special emphasis on fatherhood and economic development.
- Community Action Projects: each program features student-led action projects that engages their community to address a local social issue of concern.
- Special Events: each program features student performances that creatively showcase their learning experience in the selected educational program.
- Professional Development: our program feature day school teacher who are trained to ensure lessons are highly engaging, have fidelity to the educational program and comply with state standards.
CCI has eight educational programs. Each educational program is identified as a model that integrates the Community Change Framework and Format, and can be easily customized to suit the learning needs, interests and concerns of educators, students, and parents. Each educational program can span up to two semesters.
In this educational program, students learn about various dimensions of professions.
In this educational program, students analyze and address their societal concerns.
In this educational program, students learn about different aspects of the food industry.
In this educational program, students learn about different cultures.
In this educational program, students learn about investment and money management.
In this educational program, students learn about healthy relationships and managing conflicts.
In this educational program, students learn about the various dimensions and perspectives of the Black Experience.
In this educational program, students learn about the various dimensions and perspectives of the Latino Experience.