Job Description: The community coordinator/guidance counselor/social worker responds to the needs, interests and concerns of the students and families of the host site and connects them to our program and to resources and opportunities in the community.
Objective: To provide recruitment, retention, counseling, and referral support to students and families for the program.
Towards meeting these objectives, the guidance counselor/social worker will:
- Collect student data to support program evaluation and sustainability efforts.
- Connect students and families to community resources through quarterly fairs and workshops.
- Provide individual and/or small group counseling/conflict management.
- Spearhead a variety of student recruitment and retention activities, including orientations and follow-up calls, to ensure the site’s contracted enrollment targets are met.
- Regularly submit recruitment/referral logs and attendance along with timesheets.
- Attend scheduled meetings with the company, and/or its partners.
- Provide additional support to students in temporary housing.
Warning: Our programs are safe spaces for young people both physically and emotionally. If hired, the use of profanity, nudity and/or any other inappropriate contact, conversations, graphics, language, and/or materials are all prohibited. Doing so will definitely result in your immediate termination and may result in both civil and criminal charges against you.
Being intoxicated and/or under the influence of any substance whatsoever during authorized scheduled hours is prohibited. Doing so will definitely result in your immediate termination.
Under no circumstance is a team member to promote their independent work or negotiate an independent relationship, professional or otherwise, with a client or participant without the prior knowledge or consent of this company’s Executive Director. Doing so will result in the permanent end of our working relationship.
Compensation: Please be advised that we are an entity independent of any and every school district and any union. As such, we are not bound by their pay rates for teachers, as we have our own (see below).
The regular hourly rate for the guidance counselor/social worker is $55/hour. The rate for participating in the Summer Training Institute and other internal trainings/meetings is half of the regular hourly rate.