The goals of the Legacy Institute are:
- 1. To share strategies that effectively engage youth participants in cultural education;
- To share strategies for integrating cultural education into any subject area or area of interest.
The objective of the Legacy Institute is to engage employees who work with students in in-person and online sessions that support their design and implementation of lessons for student in the following areas:
- Exploring students’ Identity/Interests
- Exploring their cultural past
- Exploring their culture today
- Geography and their culture
- Social issues related to their culture
- Resources for research
- Exploratory Exercises
- Creative Expression Exercises for young people
As a result of the Legacy Institute, participants will gain knowledge on 1. The Legacy Model for cultural education; 2. Engaging exercises; 3. Age-appropriate resources for cultural education.