Community Change, Inc. is a boutique consulting firm specializing in career- and community- focused programming. Community Change, Inc. is a certified New York State Minority/Women’s Business Enterprise (M/WBE). We provide a range of capacity building services to community-based organizations, local educational agencies, and institutions of higher learning. These services include professional development (trainings and technical assistance), fund development, program development and program management.
Community Change, Inc. also offers youth programs in the areas of community organizing (“Community Change”), career explorations (“CareerVisions”), culture (“Legacy”) and restorative practices (“Peace”). These programs are delivered in six to 28-week residencies by artists and pedagogues. Community Change, Inc. also trains teachers on a wide variety of school-related topics. Community Change, Inc.’s parent workshops cover an array of parenting, educational, societal, economic development, and health issues.
Our clients range from non-profit organizations, private companies, government agencies, school districts and colleges. They include:
- Children of Promise
- Claremont Neighborhood Centers
- The Community Word Project
- Development Without Limits
- Digital Age Learning
- Global Writes
- Good Shepherd Services
- Hunter College/Graduate School of Social Work – City University of New York (CUNY)
- Lehman Arts Gallery
- Lehman College’s School Education – CUNY
- The City of Mt. Vernon – Youth Bureau
- Nepperhan Community Center
- New York City Administration for Children’s Services
- New York City Department of Education
- Salvadori Center
- Pace University
- The City of White Plains – Youth Bureau
- Yonkers Public Schools
Community Change, Inc. has served more than 50 schools and more than 8,000 elementary, middle and high school youth, parents and staff in seven cities throughout New York State. Some of our recent projects are listed below:
- Through our 21st Century Learning Center – The CareerVisions Institute, we engage more than 200 students in five Bronx high schools. This is our own school-based, in-school and afterschool program that integrate STEM, art, music, sports and dance activities.
- Through DreamYard, Community Change, Inc. provides teachers and artists at two elementary and middle schools in the Bronx with professional development based on our Community Change Model, as they engage 60 students in this process for analyzing and addressing social issues in their community.
- Through the Lehman College Arts Gallery, Community Change, Inc. provides teachers and artists at five elementary and middle schools in the Bronx with professional development based on our Legacy, Community Change and CareerVisions Models, as they engage 100 English Language Learners and Students With Disabilities in community organizing and career explorations.
- Through Global Writes, Community Change, Inc. provides teachers at four elementary and middle schools in the Bronx with professional development based on our Legacy, Community Change and CareerVisions Models, as they engage 80 students in cultural awareness, community organizing and career explorations.
- As part of Yonkers Public Schools’ GEAR-UP Program, Community Change, Inc. provided teachers at four middle schools in Yonkers with professional development based on our CareerVisions Model, as they engaged 80 students in career explorations.
- Community Change, Inc. provided fund development and strategic planning services to the Nepperhan Community Center (NCC) in Yonkers to secure and support their Healthy Marriage – Relationship Education Program (HMREP), a 5-year, $10 million initiative funded by the U.S. Department of Healthy & Human Services.
- As part of NCC’s HMREP, our CareerVisions Institute was launched in six cities throughout Westchester County. This project engaged up to 120 high school youth at six high schools in career explorations and evidence-based financial literacy, job readiness and relationship education.
- Community Change, Inc. provides strategic program planning and fund development technical assistance to the NYC Administration of Children’s Services (ACS).
- Community Change, Inc. is engaging a cohort of up to 200 low-income ACS teens in career exploration projects based on our CareerVisions Model.
- Community Change, Inc. provides professional development to teachers at a
public school (the Bronx High School for the Visual Arts) and a private school (St. Raymond High School for Boys) on the CareerVisions Model to strengthen their Career and Technical Education (CTE) classes and internships.
- Community Change, Inc. provided fund development technical assistance to the City of Mt. Vernon’s Youth Bureau. Additionally, Community Change, Inc. offers its “Legacy” programs at the Mt. Vernon High School through the Mt. Vernon’s Youth Bureau’s 21st Century Learning Center.
- Both the Community Change and CareerVisions Models continue to be used in undergraduate courses at Lehman College – School of Education, as they have since 2008.